A message to everyone

July 26, 2017

Hello everyone!

First of all, I would like to thank each one of you who supported me in this amazing journey that game development with RPG Maker has been. It started almost 9 years ago and I'm very happy with everything that has happened so far. However, as my friend likes to say, "life happens", and I will need to stop producing content for RPG Maker, sooner or later.

The original idea was to keep making MV Plugins for one or two more years, and see if I could earn sufficient money with Patreon to help my finances until I graduate (next year). Unfortunately, for these very financial reasons, I had to get a side job last month and my time has been very restricted since then.

I really like making scripts/plugins/programming stuff in general, and it's quite rewarding to interact with the community and see the cool stuff people make with my work. But this also demands a lot of time to reply to everyone, to write documentation and to update features and bugs, when necessary. As my free time decreases, and as my graduation approaches, dealing with all of this becomes more and more stressful, to a point where I can't keep up anymore.

Other thing that's been bothering me is that I'll graduate very soon! As I try to decide what I'll do with my career, I realized I have made zero programs/software related to engineering, which is a field that I would like to explore. And I've been delaying this for months.

So, after much time thinking, I've decided to close my Patreon page and to do a final update on my plugins. It was a hard decision, but I can't keep up with my RPG Maker stuff, and I need to begin working in my final project/undergraduate thesis.

Will I stop making stuff for RPG Maker? Yes. But after releasing the last updates, I'll use my free time to work on personal/engineering projects, and perhaps make a game in the future (my theme park simulation game has been on hold for months :/ ). I intend to create a personal blog to share my experiences with this, so if you're interested in following my future work, please send me an e-mail and then I'll send you a message when I create it.

Edit: alternatively, you can follow me on twitter. I'll post any news there as well :)

Finally, regarding commercial usage of my MV plugins: I've decided to charge a $15 USD one-time fee for commercial usage of all my plugins, regardless of the target retail price of your game. Hopefully this will make things easier for everyone! You may check the updated terms of use here.

If you want to talk to me about something, please send me a message or an e-mail. I consider everyone in the community my friend, especially those who made an effort to help me.

Thanks again everyone!

Nilo K. (Khas)